Conveyancing Risk & Compliance Manager
| Accounts Admin, Actuarial, Analyst, Assistant Accountant, Audit External, Audit Internal, Bookkeeping, Business Advisory, Cashier, Consultant, Corporate Finance, Cost Accountant, Credit Control, Finance Manager, Financial Accountant, Financial Controller, Financial Director, Fixed Asset Accountant, Forensic Accountant, Fund Accountant, Group Accountant, Insolvency, Ledger Clerk, Management Accountant, Newly Qualified, Payroll, Practice Accountant, Project Accountant, Risk, Sarbanes Oxley, Taxation, Treasury, VAT Accountant, Other Accountancy, TRAINEE Graduate, TRAINEE Non Graduate||
|Financial Services, Industry & Commerce, Practitioners - Financial Advisors|
|£208.33 to £312.50 per day - benefits|
|City of London - London - Central|
|Conveyancing Risk & Compliance Manager|
£50000 (Contract 3-6 months immediate) - £75000 permanent
Purpose of role
The role of the Risk & Compliance Manager is to manage and further develop the firm's risk and compliance requirements, calling on your strong technical background and knowledge of regulatory compliance and best practice issues.
• developing, implementing and managing of the risk and compliance program
• developing and administering compliance/risk processes, training, and administering compliance meetings
• assisting with development, implementation and communication of policies and procedures
• assisting with client issues, troubleshooting and complaints and taking charge of final resolution of technical issues
• managing legal risk
• assisting with technical queries when escalated by the Technical Adviser
• supporting fee-earners and the legal team
• providing all aspects of legal technical support as may be required from time to time
• providing advice to senior management regarding legal risk
• conducting regular file audits and reports
• monitoring breaches of procedure, legal issues and incidents that merit reporting
• working closely with senior management to ensure risk mitigation
• maintaining accurate records and reports
• assisting with ad-hoc projects
• striving to raise the technical and professional standards of the Firm
• monitoring and ensuring updating of pre-completions and any relevant tasks
Personal qualities and skills
This role requires a highly organized individual with the capability to work to tight deadlines and work well when under pressure. They also need to be commercially aware, and be able to process large amounts of information quickly and accurately, and so will require strong analytical skills.
The Conveyancing Risk & Compliance Manager will possess the relevant skills to:
• investigate complaints to resolution and reference relevant practice guidance and rules
• prioritise a varied work load
• identify potential risks and implement measures to mitigate the risk
• be able to explain complicated legal matters clearly to a wide range of clients
• communicate with the client in person, on the phone, by letter or by email
• be able to give clients impartial advice on buying property
Qualifications and experience
The post holder will be a Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer with a minimum of 10 years post qualification relevant experience.
When applying; please make sure you include a contact email and telephone number, as well as your required salary, notice period and whether or not you have transport.
First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd are an established Recruitment Consultancy, Surrey-based, providing a full recruitment solution of temporary and permanent staff within the Surrey and Hampshire area, over 4 divisions:
Accountancy & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commercial & Office; IT & Executive.
For more permanent, contract or temporary job opportunities in the Guildford, Farnham, Farnborough, Camberley, Weybridge, Woking, Staines and West Byfleet areas please check our website.
You must reside in UK and be able to produce evidence of eligibility to work in UK. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to permanent roles.
back to results
If you are interested in this vacancy, you can either apply using the link above or contact them directly using the following details:
|If you know anyone who may be interested in this vacancy, please click here to email details to them.