A global custodian are looking for an intellectual and diligent compliance specialist to liaise with senior stakeholders to advise and share knowledge on regulatory matters. Looking for someone who is able to build rapport with cross functional teams and external stakeholders.
The role is a very good mix of specialist skills and the right personality to drive the wider compliance team and business forward and reports to a very approachable team leader. Primarily an advisory role, with enough technical / monitoring to keep the role challenging? Global organisation, with an excellent reputation, offices in over 30 countries - opening up endless opportunities.
Key aspects of the role:
- Compliance monitoring programme / control plan / risk based annual reviews - you need to be a subject matter expert in this
- Ability to execute thematic reviews - again imperative
- Review and analyse operational risk assessments, KRI and the appropriate MI
- Advising and consulting on regulations and their interpretations
- Abundant opportunities to attend training / focus groups / networking events with peers in other organisations as they are keen on development, training and opportunities
- Analytical ability to identify trends and potential issues
- COBs, SYSC, APER, MAR
- Custodian, clearing, settlements, securities knowledge
- Market abuse
- Conflicts of interest
- Best execution
- Client facing experience
- Market conduct risk
- Errors and breaches
- Ambitious, meticulous and organised
- Excellent communicator
- Diligent and deadline focussed
The Compliance division at Cameron Kennedy recruits for permanent, temporary and contract staff, covering all levels of seniority from graduates and trainees to Global Compliance Directors.