A demanding and busy role supporting the Head of Tax and a Senior Tax Manager, which involves the ability to switch quickly from task to task to meet demands.
- General organisation of the Tax team, including diary management, holiday records, processing of expense claims, booking & recording of seminars and organising travel arrangements.
- Typing of general correspondence, ability to draft correspondence, filing, post, fee payments, photocopying, scanning and binding of documents
- Maintaining up-to-date and effective filing systems
- Organise storage system and file retrieval system
- Cover for other PA/Secretaries in the business; occasional reception cover as business needs require.
- Answering and handling calls promptly, courteously and professionallyTax, Legal and Administration Duties
The role involves various duties that assist the tax team, and whilst these should not necessarily require tax knowledge, it would be helpful;
- Inputting of various tax related data into taxation software for P11Ds, personal and partnership tax returns and associated computations
- Assisting the Head of Tax/Tax Manager with analysing information to assist in the preparation of the firm's HMRC PAYE Settlement Agreement, including analysis of various internal expense accounts, and preparing excel spreadsheets on taxable items
- Bank reconciliations and analysis. Preparing excel schedules of interest, dividends, capital gains and foreign income for UK tax filings of company executives
- Invoicing and tax reporting in relation to Directorships of portfolio companies
- Assisting the Head of Tax/Tax Manager with preparation of legal documentation for the firm's share scheme arrangements. Liaising internally and externally in connection with record keeping and administration. This will involve working on excel, mail merges and bank reconciliations
Assisting with banking arrangements of the firm and shareholders, as required
- MS office suite (Word; Excel; Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong Excel and mail merge skills essential
- P11D and other tax software (can be taught)
- Ideally experience in a tax or accountancy environment within financial services
- Excellent communication skills, exhibiting a strong focus on service and willingness to 'pitch in' to get the job done
- High degree of confidentiality required with a complete understanding of the need for protection of Company and staff confidential information