Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Location: City of London
Salary: £30,000 pa + benefits
A British independent law firm serving private individuals, charitable institutions and corporations
- Working closely with Credit Controller with regards to the weekly production of collection letters, via Aderant, confirming correct addresses and dispatching to clients.
- Acting upon responses to fortnightly chaser alerts.
- Ensuring the correct allocation and transfer of funds via access to our online bills receipt account.
- Liaising with client accounts assistants where necessary and performing a weekly excel reconciliation of the account.
- Overseeing the daily allocation of cheques received in settlement of bills.
- Compiling Account Reconciliation Statements for clients.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for ensuring that final reminder letters which are sent to debtors are followed up in accordance with service level agreements and the files are escalated to Disputes team, where appropriate.
- You will have monthly meetings with the Disputes team to assess the progress of these cases.
- Dealing with client requests for copy bills, bank details or passing requests to fee earners for breakdowns as well as resolving queries directly with clients where possible.
- Receiving payments due via credit/debit cards via telephone.
- Holding regular contact meetings with partners and fee earners in your designated collection groups - providing updates on actions.
- Reviewing client debts by age and amount.
- High levels of client liaison, contact and interaction.
- Ability to deal with emails, telephone calls and in-person queries, in a polite and efficient manner.
- Assist all members of the wider Finance department where possible.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines occasionally when transactions have to be completed in a short period of time.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience at Credit Controller level, operating within a similar sized legal team.
- Previous experience of leading by example, ensuring that daily deadlines are met, queries answered and that the team's workloads are balanced.
- Extensive experience in using a Practice Management System. Previous knowledge of Aderant or Elite is highly desirable.
- Confident in working with Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive team player with an enthusiastic manner, who takes a flexible, 'can-do' approach to work.
- Confident in working autonomously/independently to meet ever-changing deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritise and organise workloads effectively.
- A willing and adaptable aptitude to provide support to the team when necessary, during busy periods or times of absence.
- Results driven.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualified to GCSE standard, grade C (or equivalent) at Mathematics and English essential.