Client Accounts Manager
£37,500 - £42,500
They are a specialist life insurance group based in London with a strong brand name and a reputation for success. They are very profitable. They have a strong collegiate environment and although very commercial, is a place where employees enjoy working. They also offer excellent career opportunities and are supportive.
To supervise and lead a team of Reinsurance Analysts
providing an efficient, cost-effective, customer focused
Operations service of the highest quality to both internal and
external clients with the objective of supporting company growth objectives.
- Manage the performance of the team, setting goals and objectives. Monitor/review performance against these goals and objectives. Conduct performance reviews in accordance with the criteria laid down by Human Resources.
- Provide training and coaching to team members as required.
- Monitor and report on quality and quantity of work against targets, ensuring remedial action is taken as necessary.
- Monitor and seek to improve the performance of the team on credit control, claims assessment, treaty set-up, identification of gaps in retro cover, basic experience analysis, internal relationships, client relationships and account management.
- Co-ordinate liaison between the team and Finance, Underwriting and Technical Claims on specific client issues.
- Authorise Reinsurance payments within scope of authority, identifying and referring out of scope issues to relevant parties.
- The Job holder's role is primarily one of leadership, but they may be required to Interpret, validate and record details of ceded reinsurance transactions or perform other duties such as accumulation or credit control processes from time to time.
- Plan, coordinate and lead client audits, ensuring the quality of documentation and administration is appropriate, recommending remedial action as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports and communicate details of potential reporting issues as necessary.
- Support the Technical Accounts Manager with the development and maintaining of departmental procedures as well as regular monitoring of client process notes.
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that both external client and internal customer needs are met.
- Take ownership or assist with any ad hoc tasks as required.
Who they are looking for.
At least five years experience of L&H reinsurance with a thorough knowledge of Reinsurance Administration practices and principles.
- Experienced in the full range of Reinsurance Operations functions covered by the tasks listed under Job Responsibilities above, as well as possessing several years accounting experience.
- Having attained an industry recognised qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of the company's reinsurance business systems.
- Ability to work on own initiative and pro-actively manage a varied and demanding workload.
- Ability to prioritise and get the job done in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally under pressure.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others.
- Very strong communication skills - written, verbal and listening.
Key Skills and attributes
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession and the life reinsurance industry.
- Takes responsibility for quality, completeness and accuracy of work.
- Shows initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Critically evaluates and challenges current work practices.
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively.
- Provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues appropriately.
- Participates actively in meetings, has 'meeting presence'.
- Is a committed team member who shares information, knowledge, and experience openly.
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing.
- Has a good timekeeping and attendance record.