£14,500 + benefits and possible study support AAT
**Progressive company seeks A Level student who is passionate about forging a career in
A new role has arisen for a school leaver with 3 A Levels to join an accountancy practise progressing a career as a Bookkeeper, involved with assisting with the bookkeeping and preparation of VAT returns for a variety of clients. As your experience grows, you will become responsible for more complex assignments and there will also be an opportunity for you to become exposed to the preparation of management accounts for a number of clients.
Previous bookkeeping or accounts experience is not necessary for this junior role, as on the job training will be provided. It is essential that you have good IT skills and are able to use Microsoft Word and Excel proficiently.
It is crucial that the person has excellent written and spoken English, good communication skills and will provide a friendly and professional service to clients. Due to the location of the office you will need to be a car driver and hold a full, driving licence. Free parking is available on site.
- Bookkeeping and preparation of draft VAT returns using Sage and cloud based solutions
- Maintaining clients records
- Recording hours spent on clients work
- Occasional visit to clients office to work on their site
- You must live within 15 miles of Farnham, Surrey and drive
- You must have a good academic background: GCSE Maths and English at min grade C plus 3 A Levels min grade C.
- You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Indication in profile or cover letter as to why you want to start a career in accountancy and why you should be considered for the position.
- This role is a junior position, and therefore would not be suitable for an AAT / ACCA studier/affiliate.
- For the right person, there may be assistance towards studying for the AAT qualification after an initial qualifying period.
When applying; please make sure you include a contact email and telephone number, as well as your required salary, notice period and whether or not you have transport. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd is an established Recruitment Consultancy, Surrey-based, providing a full recruitment solution of temporary and permanent staff within the Surrey and Hampshire area, over 4 divisions: Accountancy & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commercial & Office; IT & Executive. For more permanent, contract or temporary job opportunities in the Guildford, Farnham, Farnborough, Camberley, Weybridge, Woking, Staines and West Byfleet areas please check our website. You must reside in UK and be able to produce evidence of eligibility to work in UK. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to permanent roles.