Fund Accountant - Real Estate
£45,000 - £50,000
The London HQ of one of Europe's largest asset managers is on the lookout for a; motivated, experienced Fund Accountant to join a growing Finance team for the opportunity to progress their career.
Responsible for providing Fund services support as well as assisting the Senior Real Estate Fund Accountant, Fund Accounting Manager and Head of Real Estate Fund Accounting to implement policies and procedures required in order to achieve the objectives and goals of UK Fund Services
- Provide day to day Fund Services support.
- Liaise with other operational areas, internal clients and external parties on matters relating to day to day operations.
- To assist the Senior Real Estate Fund Accountant and Fund Accounting Manager through implementing changes to working practices and procedures so as to improve individual/team performance and efficiency and reduce operational risk.
- To build and develop good working relationships between the team and its internal/external clients and suppliers.
- Report on and escalate issues or problems which fall outside agreed service standards.
- Produce Statutory Reporting , Board Papers, NAV Calculations, Income Distribution Calculations and Income Tax and VAT Returns for the UK and Jersey Real Estate Funds where required.
- To build and develop good working relationships between the team and its internal/external clients and suppliers
- The creation and provision of specific significant area(s) of Regulatory/Compliance information
- The refinement of existing procedures/practices and processes
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Degree (2:1 minimum) or equivalent experience is essential
- Newly qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent experience is essential
- Strong Excel
- Strong real estate investment industry knowledge and experience is essential
- Experience with accounting for VAT and property taxes
- Strategic and focused approach to delivery and continuous improvement
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work as part of team