An opportunity has become available in a start-up community interest company based in West London for a Head of Finance to join their growing team.
Established in 2015, the organisation already has an annual turnover of over £200mil, and is continuing to grow. This role will be integral to the design and continuous development of all internal financial controls and processes within the business.
Responsible for a Financial Controller, this role will have oversight of the statutory accounting and year-end accounting for the business and will assist the Director of Finance with designing and delivering on the government funding frameworks. There will be adhoc projects that you will be expected to lead on, so the successful candidate will need to demonstrate previous experience managing projects relating to controls and systems improvements.
* A recognised professional accountancy qualification with substantial relevant experience
* Experience of writing robust policies and procedures
* Experience of working in a fast paced environment
* Experience of working with third party auditors
* An experienced Head of Finance who will be part of the finance management team with strong leadership skills
* A strong sense of corporate social responsibility and desire to work in a not for profit organisation helping to deliver a community service programme
* Experience of working in or with the public sector and of dealing with Government Departments
* Experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics
* Experience of start-ups and introducing robust new processes
* A hands-on team player, capable of building effective relationships with the business and implementing firm controls in the finance function
This is an exciting and dynamic business which remains ambitious in its growth plans. This is an ideal role for someone with substantial post-qualification experience who is still looking for progression opportunity and the chance to be part of an organisation that is in a growth phase.
This role requires a quick turnaround, so applications need to be submitted by Sunday 4th June. Relevant applications after this date will still be contacted, but may not be considered for this opportunity.