Position title: Assistant Finance Manager
Reporting to: Finance Director
Purpose of the position
The primary focus of the role is to support the Finance Director in the management of the finance function.
Duties and Responsibilities
This specifically includes:
Preparation of accounts (Advisory Offices)
* Prepare the monthly management account pack for CL2, MR1 and LABS
* Review monthly income statements for significant variances and consult with the appropriate accelerators and speedboats to obtain an understanding of major variances to budget/ prior year spend.
* Analyse and compile office reports and provide feedback to financial accountant/financial manager/ finance director
* Prepare tax computations for review (normal, withholding and deferred tax)
* Preparation of balance sheets. This includes overseeing the various reconciliations performed on a number of accounts and ensuring that reconciling items are cleared promptly.
* Prepare a rolling monthly five-month cash flow forecast, including a liquidity and solvency analysis, to assess the adequacy of the cash position.
Preparation of Annual Budget for Approval
* Preparation of the Budgeted Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements including determining funding needs for the year ahead
* Provide inputs for the annual budget presentation
* Contribute towards the overall Finance Strategy
Preparation of Annual Financial Statements (AFS)
* Coordinate and review the annual statutory audit - review accounts, address auditor queries and ensure the audit is completed within the appropriate time frame
* Prepare the annual financial statements, using CASEWARE templates, for review and ensure it is in line with IFRS and the applicable countries Companies Act.
* Present audit findings (AFS and any adjusting entries) to the finance committee
Review Daily & Monthly Business Payments
* Review payments before it's released on the online business system thus ensuring all payments are valid & accurate to reduce the risk of fraud
* Monitoring of Caxton Cards to ensure that use of personal cards is kept to a minimum.
* Review and ensure that all expenses are recorded promptly on Expensify.
* Ensure that reimbursements to employees are done promptly.
Management and Leadership (where applicable)
* Proactively seeks feedback from team members and deals constructively with any criticism
* Develop and maintain relationships with all individuals as a trusted financial advisor
* Maintain strong working relationships with and have open and transparent communication between all members of the team
* University undergraduate degree
* Qualified/Part Qualified/ Qualified by Experience (QBE) Accountant
Experience & Skills:
* Financial and Management Accounting
* Financial Budgeting, Planning, and Reporting
* Legislation, Policies, Procedures and Standards
* Attention to Detail
* Interactive Communication
* Relationship Building