This is a very immersive and extremely broad Financial Accountant contract for 12 months, working with a leading UK Charity (London) within a very niche Financial Services market.
Suitable for a newly qualified accountant, you will support the Head of Finance with a variety of duties as outlined below, however, you will also be the financial Representative for the Investment Committee, as well as for other internal/external meetings with partners, funders and professional advisers.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take a lead of the audit function (internal and external audit). To manage all systems and processes relating to financial information, across the group as a whole. To be the point of call with internal and external audit firms,
- To prepare the production of the Group's annual statutory accounts and assist with the production of the annual budget in relation to Investments, monthly management reports and quarterly forecasting,
- Manage the Group's treasury function and cash management for the Group,
- Understand the financial implications and requirements of all contracts/sub-contracts/agreements in place relating to all group companies, partners, consortia, funders etc. and within the appropriate law and accounting practice (Companies Act, Charity law, SORP, Partnership Act etc.), and provide reports on the accounting treatment to the HOF and relevant Committees;
- Be responsible for the financial management and reporting of the Group's financial investments across its various funds including responsibility for:
- Prepare financial models in support of new business tenders and challenge the assumptions underlying the financial model;
- To ensure that the Group maintains an up-to-date, documented set of financial procedures and internal controls covering both the administrative and investment functions and to ensure that all staff adhere to these procedures and internal controls;
- Lead on Finance related Projects and provide ad hoc analysis as required; input to group projects as required.
- Provide support to the management accountant as required.
This a fantastic opportunity for someone keen to further their career either within the Charity space, or Financial Services space.
Candidates must be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.) and be available to start within the next 4 weeks. Candidates with a 4 week notice period will be considered.