Project and Reporting Accountant
- Process project accounting transactions, analyse project expenditures and any project cost allocations and assist in preparing project management reports including variance analysis, ensuring compliance with internal Project Accounting and Reporting policies and procedures, and providing customer service to all stakeholders when required.
- Process project creation and maintenance transactions, carry out the day to day project creation and maintenance activities and ensure compliance with internal Project Creation and Maintenance policies and procedures, and providing customer service to all stakeholders when required.
- Exercises independent judgement within defined practices and procedures, applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve problems of moderate complexity.
- Assist with the embedment of new eFinance systems (Oracle R12, TM1, MIS, Cognos) and processes.
With support from Head of Project Accounting and Reporting, assist with the design and implementation of system enhancements, including participation in User Acceptance Testing.
- Communicate with the project owner regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and additional services-related to billing
- Ensure compliance to Project Accounting and Reporting policies and procedures and proactively identify and raise non-compliant issues with the Project Accounting Manager
- Analyse incurred project expenditures and process the transfer of expenses into and out of the project-related accounts in an accurate and timely manner
- Analyse all project expenses not billed to customers and report any opportunity for additional billings to the Project Accounting Manager
- Process project and cost re-allocations journals
- Provide assistance to project profitability and variance reporting and notify Project Accounting Manager of any project variances between budget, forecast and actuals
- Provide assistance in preparing additional project reports, statistics and other project management results as required
- Assist in resolving any project accounting related issues and escalate any unresolved issues to Project Accounting Manager when required
- Liaise with the project owners as required to complete any project accounting/ set-up/ maintenance/ close activities and escalate any issues to Project Accounting Manager when required
- Provide high level customer service for any enquiries received from the business in relation to the project accounting/ creation and maintenance activities, maintain effective customer relationships, and raise any escalated issues with the Project Accounting Manager
- Develop and maintain applicable project accounting documentation and supporting procedures and keep up to date
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Part Qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA or equivalent)
- Experience in Finance and Accounting roles (or equivalent level of skill obtained through on the job training/experience).
- Experience in Finance system administration and or shared services functions highly regarded.
Property and infrastructure or investment management industry experience preferred.
- Customer service focus essential.
- Detailed oriented and organised in work.
- Ability to act and operate independently with daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications.
- Commercial orientation, focused on delivering solutions and results.
- Organised, ability to multi-task and prioritise work load.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to make the complex simple in pursuit of clear deliverables.
Enjoys working in a team environment, is engaging and has a down to earth approach.