The Accounts Payable Supervisor's responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following duties:
* Overseeing the duties of the accounts payable team and ensuring all invoices credit card and personal expenses are processed within a timely manner
* Lead on-going process improvement initiatives and streamlining the operations of the Accounts Payable function. Review operations on an ongoing basis to ensure controls and records are adequate and appropriate.
* Manage the day-to-day running of the purchase ledger, ensuring all supplier invoices have been entered and reconciled at the end of each month.
* Oversee the weekly BACS run and any ad-hoc payments via CHAPS/Faster Payment or cheque.
* Manage and maintain supplier relationships to ensure smooth supply of goods. Manage the supplier onboarding process.
* Be the first point of contact for any queries that are escalated, and resolve accordingly.
* Recruit, develop and train team members on an ongoing basis. Set objectives and manage appraisal process for the team members in accordance with company guidelines.
* Assisting wider team with purchase accruals at month-end
* Ad-hoc requests as requested by Financial Accounting Manager and/ or Finance
* AAT, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent accounting accreditation or studying/working towards
* Advanced knowledge of an Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger role;
* Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft and SAP accounting system and Concur expenses system would be an advantage;
* Confidence with a range of computer software including Microsoft Office, with a particular focus on Microsoft Excel;
* Appreciation of multi-currency accounting would be an advantage;
* Appreciation of the Accruals and Prepayments process;
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal clients;
* Proven experience in managing a small team of colleagues;
* Ability to multi-task, prioritise, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure;
* Accuracy and a high attention to detail;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Strong administrative, organisational and planning skills;
* A high level of self-motivation, autonomy and initiative;
* Ability to maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.