Goodman Masson are looking for a Commercial Accountant to join a multi-award winning financial services firm Central London. This role will provide value added analysis which will enhance understanding of business performance and aid decision making and seek opportunities to help drive business profitability through the pro-active provision of analysis to management. This is an opportunity to develop into a senior member of the management team. This is a high profile role working with challenging stakeholders and is therefore seen as an opportunity to develop into a senior member of the management team.
- Preparation of the monthly firm wide client revenue and profitability sales reports.
- Working closely with Sales and Finance teams to enhance the accuracy and value add delivered by these reports.
- Take ownership of the monthly custody, minimum and other industry specific fee calculations.
- Implementing and managing key financial internal control procedures over Financing, Stock Loan, Settlements, Ticket fees etc. and liaising with business to address findings.
- Identifying and raising financial risks to the finance team and system operational and reporting enhancements to assist in improving the integrity of the finance function.
- Providing input to monthly management accounts and year end statutory accounts for sales reporting along with control over revenue numbers.
- Delivery on ad hoc business specific financial reports requiring excel data manipulation.
- Applying your industry knowledge and sound understanding of the key business revenue and cost drivers to assist with the delivery of key projects.
Education and Requirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Ms Excel essential
- Attention to detail and financial acumen. Strength in analytical reasoning and numerical analysis
- Strong self-management and motivational skills to learn and deliver on key responsibilities
- Analytically minded to not just prepare reports but to have an eye for information extraction
- Ideally experience of Business Partnering and influencing senior stake holders
- Good communication skills, ability to engage, ability to present information in an impactful way.