Support the finance function to keep us grounded and fiscally responsible amidst our explosive growth
What can you expect?
- You will work with the Head of Finance to realise our strategy - this will include defining core business processes to allow effective planning for and management of business functions.
- To design and implement controls/ processes/ procedures and reporting
- Preparation of management and financial accounts and responsibility for all areas of transactional finance (AP/AR/bank/payroll)
- Work closely with the Financial controller and management team on financial modelling and assisting the team to maximise growth and financial efficiency across the business
- Ensure our book-keeping, payroll and tax matters are in are order
- Oversee, in-source and build-up the accounting and consolidation of Hostmaker's international operations
- Assist with the Company Secretarial duties
- Assist with VC investor relations
- Process, review and approve revenue statements for our managed homes.
- To help us build and grow a close-knit, hardworking team that respects decisions based on well researched information.
- To work full-time, and over occasionally some weekends and bank holidays. Alas, it can't all be fun and games (but we do have plenty of those, too!)
Who are you?
- You hold ambitions to be a qualified accountant or equivalent
- You bring 1-2 years of experience in financial reporting to management teams.
- You're a travel enthusiast, obviously, but you also eat and drink where the locals do
- You truly get Airbnb (for hosts and for guests).
- You don't overlook the little details. Prove that to us by mentioning your favourite travel destination in your application to us. We're serious - it shows us you're really engaged and not applying to everything in sight :)
- Speaking Italian and French will be a huge bonus.
A few of the many perks of joining the team:
- Competitive salary
- Discounted Airbnb travel - we want our team to truly understand the Airbnb experience!
- Discounts at our homes (we're now in London, Rome and Barcelona with more cities opening this year)
- Zone 1-2 travel and phone bills are included