|Financial Services - Banking|
|Salary negotiable - |
|Northolt - London - NW|
|Our client is now one of the leading specialists in installing, selling, leasing and maintaining video and audio door entry systems, CCTV systems, communal satellite / TV aerials, and proximity access control systems in the commercial / residential market.|
They are currently recruiting a Stock Controller.
The Stock Controller is responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods. They will be expected to ensure optimal stock levels are maintained at all times to facilitate efficient running of the business operations as well as keeping accurate stock records. They will also be responsible for opening the office and warehouse daily and in line with the Companys opening hours.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
As a Stock Controller, youll need to :
- keep computerised stock control systems up to date to make sure inventories are accurate and to maintain optimal stock levels;
- produce regular reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for review by management;
- undertake stock takes at regular intervals and investigate any discrepancies;
- liaise with trade customers, suppliers and transport companies by e-mail and telephone to respond to queries promptly and negotiate costs, delivery charges and lead times;
- liaise with staff to advise on stock availability and supplier leads times and to ensure goods required by engineers are kept ready for collection;
- occasionally deliver goods to project or service sites;
- raise purchase orders and monitor delivery of goods;
- arrange returns to suppliers and following up replacements or credit notes;
- monitoring returns from engineers of either faulty or unused items;
- work with the engineers to ensure van stocks are maintained at optimum levels;
- record any tool issues and ensure their return;
- prepare quotations and oversee the delivery of goods and their invoicing for all trade sales;
- use space effectively and efficiently, making sure the stores look neat and tidy at all times so as to make stock easily accessible and utilised when required and minimise stock loss through damage and obsolescence;
- have a clear understanding of the companys policies and vision and how the stores contribute to these;
- maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
You will need to have :
- numeracy skills and an understanding of how stock operates within a computerised stock control system and its impact on other modules, i.e. sales order processing, purchase order processing and job costing;
- comprehensive understanding of stores and inventory control methods and procedures;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- planning and organising skills to manage workloads and prioritise requests;
- the ability to work as part of a team, be punctual, reliable and flexible and adaptable to change;
- analytical ability;
- assertiveness, the ability to work on your own initiative and decisiveness;
- a professional manner, demonstrate enthusiasm and be performance driven;
- technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management, using the Companys computerised stock control system, and spreadsheets;
- problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level;
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- willingness to undertake training and development where appropriate;
- the fitness and ability to handle materials for loading or unloading vehicles and packing or unpacking pallets;
- willingness to carry out ad hoc tasks as and when they arise.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
Educated to GCSE/O level or equivalent and demonstrate evidence of knowledge of this area of work.
Full UK Driving Licence.
Hours of Work : 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Send your updated CV to belindarecruitment-boutique.com
back to results
If you are interested in this vacancy, you can either apply using the link above or contact them directly using the following details:
|If you know anyone who may be interested in this vacancy, please click here to email details to them.