Consultant - Regulatory Governance and Capital Strategy
Salary: Circa £35000pa (dependent upon experience)
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Based: At home, with travel 3 days per week (on average) to client sites
The successful candidate will be a part-qualified accountant, from a banking background and will join the Regulatory Governance and Capital Strategy team of the consultancy business. We are looking for someone who is creative and will relish the opportunity to shape the future at an exciting time of growth.
Their time will be split between home working, our London, Leeds and Sheffield offices and drawing on their specialist knowledge, will be offering consultancy services to senior stakeholders within our financial services clients.
Essential Skills and Experience
We are looking for an individual who:
- Holds a good degree in a numerate discipline and is a part qualified accountant.
- Understands the finance environment and has an established background in financial services (including exposure to Credit Risk).
- Is capable of talking freely around the CRR.
- Has knowledge and understanding of both Commercial and Retail products, regulatory balance sheet configurations and treatment.
- Is a confident decision maker. With excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is commercially astute and has an analytical mind.
- Is personable, helpful and sincere. Able to build and maintain relationships.
- Is a self-motivated individual, happy to work as part of a small team to meet tight deadlines.
The following experience would also be advantageous:
- A proven record in accounting policy or steering committee decision making.
- Regulatory understanding with a view of interpretation of future changes.
- Hands on knowledge in all aspects of capital (including theory, modelling, ICAAP, regulation, BASEL and horizon risks).