The Firm - is an award-winning quantitative investment manager, focussed on short term and high frequency systematic trading across liquid equity, futures and foreign exchange markets globally.
We reward people based on merit and excellence, not necessarily on experience. We avoid the bureaucracy of larger organisations, and keep our management structures flat. Decisions are made efficiently; changes are implemented quickly.
People who work here enjoy a culture of trust, innovation and scientific rigour. We have some really creative, super-smart people here; all of whom would be embarrassed to be described that way.
It's a friendly, open place where people are motivated because they enjoy what they're doing.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to join the Finance team, with excellent opportunities for personal growth and development for an enthusiastic and motivated individual. Responsibilities of the role will be initially those of a junior accountant with study support for a professional accountancy qualification (AAT, CIMA or ACCA) provided and the opportunity for progression to the right candidate once knowledge and experience has been attained
The primary objective of this role is the processing and production of financial information to a high degree of accuracy on a timely basis. The role involves a broad range of activities with competing time pressures, so the successful candidate will have the ability and desire to take full ownership of a number of activities that are integral to the Finance function, this includes the opportunity to redesign and improve processes to increase efficiencies where possible. The pace is fast and the team is a dynamic and diverse combination of individuals.
Examples of specific duties and responsibilities include:
* Inputting and coding purchase orders and invoices accurately into the purchase order system and ensuring all items are processed in a timely manner
* Processing supplier payments
* Managing supplier relationships and dealing promptly with queries
* Ensuring procurement controls are enforced, maintained and developed upon
* Liaise and manage relationships with internal procurement teams
* Aged creditor analysis
* Supplier statement reconciliations
* Processing employee expenses
* Weekly bank reconciliations
* Posting cash entries into the accounting system
* Cash monitoring
* Production of a number of reports to Management in respect of the above
Ad hoc work:
* Supporting the other members of the team
* Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
* Intelligent and motivated individual
* Desire and ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly
* Attention to detail
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in teams
* Ability to think logically and independently about a given task and add value to the deliverable
* Looking to study an accountancy qualification (AAT, CIMA or ACCA) and the commitment that entails
* A good level of Excel.
* 3 A Levels (Grade AAB or above) and at least 9 good GCSE's with Mathematics & English (Grade A or above)
* Nice to haves:
o Some bookkeeping experience
o Excel VBA experience
o Database/SQL experience
o Prior accounting experience in work or as an internship.