Role: Property Accountant
Reporting to: Property Financial Controller
Role Purpose: To act as the interface between the building teams and the finance department, providing financial and commercial guidance and support.
Processes & Procedures
- Ensure properties are closed monthly within one working day of month end;
- Ensure that the client statements and VAT reports generated as part of the month end close process;
- Ensure that the PPMS ledger balances against the General Ledger on a monthly basis and carry out control account reconciliations as required. Ensure that all balances are understood and supported;
- Directly Recoverable accounts should be fully reconciled each Quarter;
- Reconcile client bank accounts on a monthly basis in accordance with KSC deadlines and procedures;
- Produce Client reporting in accordance with Client expectations;
- Visit the building teams at least once per month to discuss any finance issues and to understand any initiatives, which may have a financial impact, whether Service Charge or Corporate.
- Attend quarterly service charge accounting meetings with building teams to review actual expenditure for the year to date against budget and, specifically to interrogate open purchase orders on the Portal system to ensure that they are accurate and relevant;
- Raise Pre-Demand Lists for review by the Property Management Team (Target due to raise is no later than 8 weeks before Quarter Day);
- Raise demands for service charge and rent (if applicable) on a quarterly basis. (The target date to raise is no later than six weeks prior to Quarter day);
- Coordinate the six month forecast and annual service charge budget processes with the Property Teams. Organsie and attend first and second draft review meetings. Ensure budgets are issued at least one month prior to the new service charge year or in accordance with client expectations.
- Continuously review processes and procedures, ensure standardization, implement improvements and ensure best practice. All procedures should be fully documented and appropriate for relevant Properties;
- Identify any areas within existing processes, which could be improved and discuss these with Line Manager as appropriate;
- Ensure that housekeeping on the service accounting system for the owner, property, unit and occupier data is performed on a regular basis and amendments are completed on a timely basis;
- Perform any ad hoc duties as required;
Work as part of a team and assist other members in meeting departmental targets and deadlines.
- Property/Service Charge Accounting
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to provide accurate, high quality output
- The ability to co-ordinate & develop reporting systems
- Property experience
- Self -starter; highly motivated
- Proven customer focus skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong Excel & Word Skills
- Knowledge of Landlord & Tenant legislation
- Qube (ECS) skills
- Knowledge of the RICS code