Goodman Masson have partnered with a private, mid-market private equity firm to find a Fund Accountant to partner with their Venture Capital team. After developing in headcount by 30% over the last two years, the business has recently closed its third and largest fund. They seek commercially-minded individuals with a Finance background to assist with the managing their growing portfolio and integrating new investments.
- Liaising with the CFO or FD of underlying portfolio companies to ensure alignment of income models on a regular basis
- Deal structuring with investment analysts and external tax and legal consultants
- Working closely with the Portfolio team to produce valuation packs
- Working in partnership with the Analysis team to produce portfolio management information for the Portfolio team
- Maintaining the funds' IRR models
- Creating and updating fund income models
- Preparation of KPI and fund performance schedules for inclusion in the Partnership board packs and the AGM
- Maintain regulatory data including the preparation of FCA returns for the funds
Accounting / Reporting
- Review quarterly and annual fund accounts for a number of subsidiary companies received
from the administrators
- Review quarterly investor reports, working closely with the investor relations team
- Liaising with the auditors regarding the audit of the annual accounts
There are two roles available. One at the recently-qualified level and another at 2-3 years post-qualified. The job titles will be 'Fund Accountant' and 'Senior Fund Accountant' respectively.
For the junior role, we are considering recently-qualified ACAs from practice with any background, or people trained in industry with a similar organisation. For the more senior role, we require some experience in fund accounting post-qualification in greater depth.