An opportunity has become available for an experienced Director of Finance to join a commercial non-profit based in the heart of Westminster.
This is a pivotal role in ensuring that the organisation meets its business objectives and maintains excellent financial performance. This role takes the lead in defining the strategic direction, as set by the Chief Executive, and producing the Annual Corporate and Business Plan. This position also acts as deputy for the CEO in his absence.
The role will take responsibility for designing and implementing the organisation's finance and business strategy and will work cross-departmentally to support senior management team members with commercial decision making. The role will also serve on the management and advisory boards as well as the audit and risk committee.
This organisation has undergone a period of steady growth and the next phase of this development is to review and re-design the management information reports for the business to provide more meaningful analysis.
As this role deputises for the CEO, it will also have oversight for all operational areas of the business including HR, IT, Facilities, Procurement, etc.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
- Excellent commercial and business experience
- Leading, managing and developing finance teams
- Strategic thinking and planning, delivery and direction.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Exceptional communication skills and client liaison skills
- Strong IT skills and experience using event business management systems
- Energetic, highly motivated with an enquiring mind and commitment for excellence
- Understanding of the principles of risk management
- Experience working in a commercial environment with commercial income streams
- Understanding of government funding and reporting requirements
- Experience of procurement procedures such as re-tendering processes for significant contracts
Candidates from all industry backgrounds are welcome to apply. The closing date to apply for this role is Thursday 17th August. Relevant applications after this date will still be contacted, but may not be able to be considered for this particular role.