A leading media business are looking for a Management Accountant to join them immediately in a fun and friendly environment.
- Position performs and is responsible for various program accounting duties including maintenance of the general ledger, and posting journal entries and monthly accruals.
- Prepare and/or review Balance Sheet reconciliations for programming assets and liabilities and investigation and resolution of any anomalies
- Review and posting of Intercompany transactions and transfers
- Monitor the regional programming financial tracking and ensure any international buy-ins are correctly recharged.
- Set up and maintain program projects and budgets for programming contracts in SAP, as needed.
- Quarterly review of potential programming write-offs and retirements
- Review and sign off of foreign currency transactions
- Demonstrate and maintain high standards of accountability to deliver superior quality financial information on timely basis to Manager/Director.
- Work across divisional lines on a global team to resolve accounting and closing issues and work closely with FP&A/Programming to make required entries and adjustments.
- Oversee analysis of content payables balances ensuring balances are correctly accounted for
- Investigation of any anomalies
- High level review of assets capitalised to ensure all coding and keys are appropriate and correct
- Reporting of accrued contracts to Programming teams and timely investigation of outstanding items
- Reviewing contracts, reviewing cost allocation, and ensure all expense profiles have been set-up correctly in SAP in line with contractual terms and accounting policy.
- Oversee the timely processing of contracts in SAP to ensure payments can be made within contractual terms.
Controls and Procedures
- Continuous improvement and development of processes, controls and reporting.
- Monitor and review control procedures over the purchases of programme rights.
- Support development of systems, tools, and processes to facilitate efficient and accurate analysis.
- Ensure SOX compliance and appropriate administration and documentation for the Global Content Accounting function, including liaison with internal and external auditors.