Goodman Masson are working on a newly-created role with a fast-growing investment manager. They are looking to hire a Financial Controller, acting as a business partner. You will be responsible for developing performance analysis for the Group and their funds, together with budgeting, forecasting and assisting with regulatory duties.
The business has grown from 20 employees in 2008 to over 200 today and manage over £30bn. of assets.
- Produce financial management information for senior internal stakeholders, showing performance against plans with variance and trend analysis
- Produce financial MI to regulators and external parties
- Prepare P&L forecasts and annual budgets
- Review balance sheet and client money reconciliations
- Calculate investment fees and expense reconciliations
- Provide financial support for projects
- Deputise and represent the Head of Finance at official governance committees such as the Management Committee and Business Development Committee.
- Assisting with critical regulatory tasks such as ICAAP planning process
- Minimum of 4 years' post-qualified experience, ideally within asset management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with experience handling large volumes of data and the ability to build and maintain complex financial models
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Experience and knowledge of the regulatory regime for UK and offshore funds desirable
The organisation has a very progressive business culture and can offer flexible working arrangements. The HR manager I speak to (as just one example) works from home two days a week and is in the office between 10 and 4 on the remaining days, so she can manage childcare commitments.
The business has seen excellent growth over the last nine years and they have ambition to take them much further. If you want to progress your career in a fast-moving organisation, this is a brilliant place to do it!