Goodman Masson are looking for a Finance Analyst to join a multi-award winning start-up bank Central London. This role will provide value added analysis which will enhance understanding of business performance and aid decision making and seek opportunities to help drive business profitability through the pro-active provision of analysis to management. You will be part of a critical business function which underpins the foundation of the firm.
Purpose of Role:
The role is to support both the business lines and support functions by providing meaningful, accurate and timely information from which informed decisions can be made as well as ensuring any processes and procedures are in place and adhered to in the execution of the role.
- Supply departmental cost reporting to budget centre managers and to provide commentary on cost variances;
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly MI to the business lines;
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Prepare monthly Board Pack;
- Build trend analyses to support budgets/forecasts;
- UAT for any software development releases;
- Maintaining efficient processes and procedures;
- Provision of reporting to meet the Bank's deadlines;
- To abide by all financial crime related policies, procedures and reporting obligations applicable to their job.
Education and Requirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA);
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Ms Excel essential;
- Attention to detail and financial acumen. Strength in analytical reasoning and numerical analysis;
- Strong self-management and motivational skills to learn and deliver on key responsibilities;
- Analytically minded to not just prepare reports but to have an eye for information extraction;
- Ideally experience of Business Partnering and influencing senior stake holders;
- Good communication skills, ability to engage, ability to present information in an impactful way.