We are a specialist real estate business with an actively managed portfolio of high-quality assets in great locations.
By combining scale and expertise in our chosen sectors with a customer-focussed approach we deliver strong returns for the nation's finances.
We create brilliant places through conscious commercialism. This means we take a long-term view and consider what we do from every perspective.
Our finance team our pivotal and influential partners to the business, providing a breadth of financial stewardship and analysis along with operational and strategic finance support to a broad portfolio of commercial teams.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting for acquisitions and disposals of property across all portfolios within the business, which will involve:
- Gaining an understanding of and monitoring all completions to ensure complete and accurate reporting and accounting for acquisitions and disposals.
- Liaison with managing agents, lawyers and internal business partners to obtain information, ensure processes are properly completed and documentation supplied agrees to the accounting records.
- Partnering with the Tax Manager to ensure correct treatment of VAT on acquistions and disposals.
- Supporting the ongoing review of existing processes and working with stakeholders to support changes and improvements.
- Preparing capital balance and movement reports for the Finance and Investment Strategy teams.
- Reconciliation of capital movement reports to underlying financial records.
- Preparation and monitoring of capital expenditure reports.
- Prepare reports to review proper governance over capital has been adhered to.
- Completing various balance sheet and capital reconciliations to ensure all capital balances, including additions and disposals are properly accounted for and reported. Maintaining an audit trail for each capital transaction.
- Assist with month and year-end reporting, for all aspects of capital balances, particularly investment property, acquisitions, disposals, revaluation and lease premia.
- Preparing schedules for the auditors and responding to audit queries in relation to capital items.
- Part qualified accountant with property experience desirable.
- Personable, positive, dynamic, excellent communicator and team player
- Ability to build effective partnerships with financial and non-financial colleagues, with presence and confidence
- High attention to detail, with consideration for the wider business implications
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Adaptable and willing to support change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numerical and IT skills, including Excel.
- Experience of using Agresso financial system is desirable