Our client is a well diversified and publicly listed conglomerate on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange as they launch their UK Credit Financing business. They have a turnover of almost MYR 4.9 Billion and are part of the FBM KLCI main index. The Credit Financing business is a significant player in the non-Bank sector and is one of the top 3 Credit Financing Institutions in this sector. In 2016, the Division has a loan base of MYR 2.3 Billion or circa B £ 400M. The Credit Financing Division's principal activity is the provision of Term Loans and Industrial Hire Purchase, primarily to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The division largely operates in Malaysia and now seeking to establish a foothold in the United Kingdom (Birmingham based) with the Credit Finance Division (Asset Based Lending).
Seeking to expand into the United Kingdom, the ground work has been laid with the new start-up office set up and as such our client searching for an experienced Business Development Manager to acquire new non-bank secured business borrowers across the UK. You would be reporting directly into the Managing Director (Number 1 in the UK).
- Responsible for business development and acquisition of new non-bank secured business borrowers
- Plan and organize business activities towards accomplishments of company's objectives
- Report to the General Manager on business progress, budget targets and propose business enhancement strategies as well as action plans
- Marketing to new non- bank secured business loan clients and management of existing borrowers
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing and new referral networks
- Preparation and recommendation of credit proposal with analysis
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in credit marketing and/or credit analysis in secured property business lending at a bank or non-bank institution
- Pleasant personality with excellent communication skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated and energetic go-getter with a strong determination to achieve targets and meet high customer service standards
- Good analytical and mathematical skills
- Having established contacts with brokers
- Experience in maintaining effective relationship with loan brokers
This would be an exciting and entrepreneurial move into a fast-growth start-up office in Birmingham, backed by a large corporation.