Goodman Masson are looking for a qualified Management Accountant to join an established Clearing House based in the City. The successful candidate for this role will work closely with the Group Financial Controller and will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of month end reporting and preparation of the monthly management pack. The Management Accountant will be expected to proactively support the Group Financial Controller in driving forward improvements to the budgeting and monthly reporting processes and to actively assist in commercial projects in the business playing a key role in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of financial information across the Company.
- Prepare and analyse variance analysis reports to aid cost control initiatives;
- Assist in the design and implementation of a global budgetary process;
- Assist the Financial Controller in business analysis and forecasting business performance;
- Maintain strong balance sheet control through monthly reconciliation of the entire balance sheet;
- Prepare monthly management accounts for review by senior management;
- Work with the Financial Controller to ensure that the management accounts continue to develop and address the reporting needs of the Board and other senior managers;
- Assist in writing the commentary for the monthly management accounts;
- Take care of the sales process and provide aid to the purchase ledger;
- Produce cash books on the daily basis;
- Assist and prepare monthly VAT returns for review and submission;
- Support the Group Audit process including preparation of year end file;
- Initiate and implement control processes to better manage the Finance function;
- Assist in the implementation of procurement processes to ensure better financial control;
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial information for the Company;
- Provide cover for daily P&L production and other daily reporting tasks;
- Identify and deliver ad-hoc projects that will benefit the Company;
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and commercial finance opportunities and ensure that any additional best practice ideas are communicated to the Financial Controller.
Education and Qualifications:
- Newly qualified accountant or up to 1-year PQE (ACCA, ACA, CIMA);
- Microsoft office skills particularly excel to an advanced level;
- Financial Services experience Essential.